Skip to the content
- Don’t pan hard left or right when there is one guitar, or pan the acoustic guitar hard left/right to provide balance, but that will require more volume from the acoustic guitar and probably more careful EQ
- Vocals sounded thin, distant. See Sonic Consistency.
- Too much reverb or delay on vocals. They did not sound up front enough.
- I think the vocals are picking up reverb from the band bus reverb send. You can hear reverb being added when they are all singing loudly. Solution could be to create a separate vocal bus with its own or no additional reverb send
- Some recommend multi-band compression (see How to Mix Harsh, Nasal Vocals)